:: Curriculum Letter
:: Resources for Parents & Students
Curriculum Letter is digitally signed and submitted
to the student's
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
students and parents to Advanced Graphic Communications class.
This year-long elective course will be more fun, challenging, and rewarding for students than the pre-requisite Graphic Comm class. As always, in order to learn in a positive environment, basic rules and procedures are necessary. Please read, sign, and turn in online . Also, feel free to keep a copy of this document for yourself.
In this class students will build on their prior foundational knowledge of design concepts, principles and techniques to new and rigorous projects. They will be using multiple new computer programs to create, edit and produce their designs. Learning will occur by applying the design process (from concept to final) to such items as: sticker creation, t-shirt design & creation, webpage design, advanced advertisements, product branding, posters, book/magazine covers, and more.
What Students Will Learn
* Influence and Impact of Graphic Design on branding, marketing, & sales
* Advanced design concepts, principles and techniques
* How to create and apply:
* Grahpic Design with Illustrator
* Layouts (eg: Webpages & Comics )
* Product Logos (eg: T-shirt)
* Packaging Design (eg: Stickers)
* Identities and Brands
agazine Creations (eg: Indesign)
* A portfolio of work will be created that showcases work from each semester.
For the complete curriculum letter, please click
on this link.
Back to Top